Instrumented Impact System Includes
- Data acquisition/control (DAC) computer/flat panel monitor/keyboard/and mouse
- Strain gage amplifier inside DAC computer
- High speed 12 bit data acquisition board inside DAC computer which allows any number of data points
- per test up to 1,000,000 (50,000 points are adequate for most tests)
- Remote balance and shunt calibration of striker from the DAC front panel
- Site license for Windows XP based ImpactTM v 5.0 data acquisition and analysis software
- Users manual and online computer help
- Data acquisition computer with 12 bit fast acquisition board, encoder board, encoder hardware, and strain gage amplifier. The amplifier provides auto-balance, amplifier range selection, and shunt calibration for periodic calibration checking. The amplifier is capable of a wide range of amplification settings for the research environment needs.
Data acquisition screen for test conducted on a pendulum impact machine. The voltage-time data are displayed along with the test parameters.
Instrumented Impact Testing Striker (One of the striker is with the machine)
- 8.0mm radius instrumented striker, ASTM E 23
- 2.0mm radius instrumented striker, ISO183